Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A letter from a former Eveleth Resident

Attached is a letter from a former Eveleth resident: How many of you remember sliding, berry picking, etc.? Please feel free to comment below:

Hi, I am Terri Hendrickson Matala originally from Eveleth. Born, Baptized, confirmed and graduated from EHS.

The sliding hill is the place where I used to pick strawberries there every summer when I was young - lots of them and raspberries, too.

I lived at 520 Mckinley Avenue, the place that my grandfather built, and then moved to Clay street. My father was the fire chief of Eveleth for many years.
Would like to buy some property there, a small piece of land to live on - May through September- but no soap. Not found any yet. It's good the kids have a place to slide now though. I used to slide down Camp Hill when I was young. Starting at the Lincoln School and make a right turn on a sled down Camp Hill. That was a fun thing to do. Also learned to skate at the Lincoln School rink where my brothers learned and played hockey for Eveleth. My oldest brother was the valedictorian of EHS when he graduated at age age 16. He has passed away now however. I miss not living in Eveleth. It was and is a nice town. I now live in Sahuarita, AZ - a town 30 miles from the Mexican border. Love the weather here. Keep up the good work of keepingEveleth alive. Adios, Terri

No comments:

site tracker

Who's Been Here